Mission & Vision Statement
At Hopewell High School we recognize the importance of building relationships with our students and realize that focusing on student engagement will empower our students to complete the challenging journey to graduation and then enable them to compete and succeed in a digital world. "We are Blue Devils and We are Proud of it!"
- Student learning is the chief priority for the school.
- Students need to not only demonstrate their understanding of essential knowledge and skills but also to be actively involved in solving problems and producing quality work.
- A safe physically comfortable environment promotes student learning.
- Teachers, administrators, parents, students, and the community share the responsibility for advancing the school's mission.
- Students' learning needs should be the primary focus of all decisions impacting the work of the school.
- Students need to apply their learning in meaningful contexts.
- Curriculum and instructional practices should incorporate a variety of learning activities to accommodate differences in learning styles.
- Exceptional students (e.g., special education, limited English proficiency, talented and gifted, etc.) require special services and resources.
- The school should prepare students to fulfill their duties as responsible and productive members of our society by helping them develop a quality work ethic, teaching them to act in a responsible manner, and holding students accountable for their actions.
- Students should have access to up-to-date technological equipment, apprenticeship programs, career and technical education programs and other school-to-work transitional programs as dictated by the needs of employers in our community.
- Cultural diversity can enhance students' understanding of and contributions to the world.
- The school should provide and encourage participation in extracurricular activities which will develop qualities of leadership and sportsmanship while meeting the social and recreational needs of the students.
We believe the most promising strategy to advance the mission of Hopewell High School is to keep student learning and instruction as the primary focus in preparation for graduation and participation in a global society.